Time to lighten up with our chicken herb quinoa salad. The chicken for this salad can be cooked on the BBQ and the tangy fresh flavours are a bit like having the taste of spring on your fork! Give it a go and see what you think.
chicken herb quinoa salad
- 12 Ritchies chicken tenderloins
- 2 medium cloves crushed garlic
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin Olive oil
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves torn
- 1 cup flat parsley leaves picked
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (1 cup dry quinoa)
- grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 punnet of cherry tomatoes cut in half
- ½ cup semi dried tomatoes cut in half
- a few parsley and basil leaves.
chicken herb quinoa salad method
In a bowl add 1 tablespoon of the extra virgin olive oil, the dried oregano, a generous pinch of salt and grind or two of black pepper. Add the chicken tenderloins and mix them thoroughly into the oil and herb mixture.
Heat a griddle or frying pan or BBQ to medium high. Cook the chicken on both sides for about 2-3 minutes or it has grill marks and is cooked through. Remove it from the heat and allow to rest.
Use a small food processor or a pestle and mortar and add half the basil leaves, the remaining olive oil, lemon juice and zest, garlic and either blitz or crush until the ingredients are combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
In a large bowl mix together, the remaining basil and parsley leaves, the cooked quinoa, semi dried and cherry tomatoes. Stir through ½ the basil olive oil. Check the seasoning again. Transfer the salad to a serving platter top with the cooked chicken, Drizzle with the remaining bright green basil oil. Scatter with a few basil and parsley leaves and serve.
Serves 4. Preparation time 20 minutes. Cooking time 15 minutes