This is an all in one dinner – chicken lemon zucchini fettuccine. And what’s more, it’s ready in under 30 minutes. Enough said!
chicken lemon zucchini fettuccine
- 400g fettuccini or other pasta
- 3 medium Ritchie’s chicken breast skin off, cut into 1 cm strips
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 medium garlic cloves, crushed
- 5 spring onions finely sliced
- 2 small zucchini, cut in half
- finely grated zest if 1 lemon
- ½ cup packed torn basil leaves
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 long red chilli, finely sliced (optional, use more or less to taste)
- shaved Parmesan
- extra basil leaves
chicken lemon zucchini fettuccine method
Cook the pasta following the pack instructions for ‘al dente’. Drain and reserve just a little of the pasta cooking water.
Shave the zucchini into long ribbons using a vegetable peeler, set aside.
In a large frying on a high heat add half the olive oil and the chicken, fry stirring often until cooked through and just turning golden.
Add the crushed garlic chilli and the rest of the olive oil, cook for about 30 seconds until the garlic smells wonderful. Stir through the hot cooked pasta, zucchini strips, lemon zest and torn basil (use ¼ cup of the pasta cooking water if you need to ‘loosen’ the pasta slightly. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Serve immediately, scattered with basil leaves and shaved Parmesan.
Serves 4. Preparation time 10 minutes. Cooking time including pasta 20 minutes.