Who’s for chicken pesto tomato pasta salad tonight? A perfect combination of tasty and affordable, as well as being simple and fast to make. Everyone will love it too.
chicken pesto tomato pasta salad
- 400g Pasta (we used penne)
- 2 large Ritchies chicken stir fry
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- juice ½ lemon
- 3 tablespoons good quality basil pesto
- 2/3 cup torn basil leaves
- 1 punnet cherry or. mini Roma tomatoes cut in half
- to large handfuls of rocket leaves
- 1 small red onion, peeled and finely sliced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
chicken pesto tomato pasta salad method
Cook the pasta following the pack instructions for al dente, Drain and toss in 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and allow to cool slightly.
Place a large frying pan on a medium-high heat and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Fry the chicken, stirring occasionally till lightly golden and cooked through, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Set aside to cool slightly.
In a large bowl add the cooked pasta, pesto, lemon juice, red onion and stir until well mixed. Add salt and pepper to taste. Fold in the cooked chicken tomatoes and ¾ of the basil leaves. Transfer to a serving plate and scatter with the remaining basil leaves. Serve immediately or refrigerate until required.
Serves 4. Preparation time 15 minutes. Cooking time 20-25 minutes depending on pasta type.