Make the most of your time outdoors on the grill with these Greek Style BBQ Lamb Chops. Watch and learn how to re-create that delicious Greek flavour and wow your guests at your next BBQ.
Greek Style BBQ Lamb Chops
6 barbecue lamb chops from Ritchies Supermarkets
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh oregano or 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- juice of 1 medium lemon
for the tzakziki
- 1 small Lebanese cucumber, peeled and coarsely grated
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- 1½ cups Greek style natural yogurt
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- freshly ground black pepper
To serve – extra lemon wedges
- In a large nonreactive bowl or dish, add all the marinade ingredients and whisk to combine. Add the chops and tumble in the marinade. Cover, chill and allow to marinate for at least ½ an hour or overnight.
- Sprinkle a pinch of salt on the grated cucumber. Sit in wire sieve over a bowl for about 5 minutes, then drain and squeeze out any water that comes out of the cucumber.
- Transfer to a medium bowl, add the mint, yogurt, crushed garlic, cumin and a good grind of black pepper. Mix well and check the seasoning. Transfer to a serving bowl, cover and chill till ready to serve.
- Preheat a barbecue or grill plate to hot.
- Barbecue the chops on both sides until cooked the way you prefer them (2-3 minutes on both sides for medium). Serve with lemon wedges, tzatziki and flat bread.
Serves: 4 (2 people with big appetites and 2 who prefer 1 chop each) Preparation time: 15 minutes (excluding marination time).
Cooking time: 5-6 minutes.
Find a Ritchies Supermarket near you at www.ritchies.com.au.