There is no doubt that our maple chipotle chicken wings will become your new go-to recipe. These seriously delicious wings pack wicked heat and are so very moreish, we suggest you make triple or even quadruple the recipe because these are going to be a knock-out!
ALL the ingredients for this recipe are now available at your local Ritchies supermarket. Find your local VIC, NSW or QLD store.
maple chipotle chicken wings
1kg Ritchies chicken wings, tips removed, cut in half
dry spice rub
- 2 teaspoons chilli flakes
- 2 teaspoons celery salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons mustard powder
for the hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons hot chilli sauce (we used sambal oeleck)
- 1 tablespoon chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, finely chopped (we used the La Morena 200g
maple chipotle chicken wings method
Preheat oven to 200oC
Line a oven proof tray with either a silicon sheet or baking paper. In a large bowl, mix together the dry spice rub ingredients. Add the wings and stir to coat thoroughly. Place on the oven tray in a single layer and roast for about 45 minutes until golden and cooked through. Remove from the oven. Mix the hot sauce ingredients together in a small bowl. Brush the cooked wings generously on both sides with the hot sauce and either return to the oven to roast for another 10-15 minutes or cook on both sides on the BBQ. The wings are ready when they turn a dark mahogany red brown and smell totally amazing. Serve hot with plenty of napkins. Serves 4, as a snack or serves 2, as a meal. Preparation time: 5 minutes. Cooking time: 1 hour.