Looking for a lighter meal to feed the family or maybe just yourself? These Parmesan oregano chicken tenderloins are easy to make, very delicious and very quick. It’s also a meal that the kids will love.
Parmesan oregano chicken tenderloins
- 8 Ritchies chicken tenderloins
- 1 egg white
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup finely grated Parmesan
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 100g salad leaves, washed
- 1 cup flat leave parsley leaves, washed
- 100g green beans, blanched
- ½ small red onion, sliced (optional)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon seeded French mustard
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
Parmesan oregano chicken tenderloins method
Preheat an oven grill to medium high and the line grill pan with foil.
First, make the dressing for the salad. Add the olive oil, lemon juice, mustard and crushed garlic to a small bowl, whisk together and season to taste with salt and pepper.
In a medium bowl, whisk the egg white to soft peaks. Fold in ½ teaspoon of salt and 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
On a plate, add the grated Parmesan and stir through the dried oregano. Roll the chicken tenderloins in whisked in the seasoned egg white then coat with the Parmesan oregano mixture. Place on the lined grill pan and grill turning once, just long enough (5-7 minutes) to brown the cheese and cook the chicken through. Don’t over cook the chicken as it will dry out.
While the chicken grills, toss the salad leaves, parsley, onion, if using it, and blanched beans in the dressing. Divide between 2 or 4 plates depending on how hungry you are. Top the salad with the cooked Parmesan oregano chicken and serve immediately with warm crusty bread.
Serves 2-4. Preparation time. 5 minutes. Cooking time 7 minutes.