Looking for a tangy new flavour the whole family will enjoy? These easy to make and affordable pomegranate braised pork spare ribs are so succulent and taste sweet, sour and rich all at the same time. Try this finger licking dish! It also makes for perfect entertaining!
ALL the ingredients for this recipe are now available at your local Ritchies supermarket. Find your local VIC, NSW or QLD store.
pomegranate braised pork spare ribs
- 1.5kg Ritchies pork spare ribs
for the marinade
- 1 large red onion, finely diced
- 3 medium garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup pomegranate molasses (a tangy rich sauce, made from reduced pomegranate juice)
- juice from 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- ½ a pomegranate (optional)
- 1 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves
pomegranate braised pork spare ribs method
Preheat oven to 180°C.
Arrange the pork spare ribs in one layer in a non-reactive oven proof-roasting dish. In a medium bowl, mix together all the marinade ingredients and pour over the ribs. Cover the dish with baking paper and seal well with foil. Bake for 1 hour turning often until tender, if the sauce dries out, add more water. Remove the baking paper and foil, pour off any pan juices and set aside. Sit the ribs rind side up and cook for a further ½ hour until the rind is crisp and the meat is very tender. Skim off any fat that separates out of the pan juices. Arrange the ribs on a warm serving plate and drizzle with remaining sauce. Serve with couscous or rice, decorate with pomegranate seeds and a few coriander leaves.
Serves: 4. Preparation time: 15 minutes. Cooking time: 1½ hour.