How fast can you chop veggies? The faster you can, the faster this easy Asian inspired sesame beef bean capsicum stir-fry will be ready. It’s a great way to get your 5 serves of vegetables a day in one dish.
sesame beef bean capsicum stir-fry
- 500g Ritchies beef stir fry
- 3 tablespoons corn flour
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil, rice bran oil or peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 4 medium garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 small yellow capsicum, deseeded, cut in strips
- 1 small red capsicum deseeded, cut in strips
- 2 large carrots, peeled and cut in strips
- 150g green beans, cut in half
- 1 small head broccoli, stem sliced finely, head cut in small florets
- 5 spring onions, cut in 4cm lengths
- ½ cup kecup manis (sweet soy sauce)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (optional)
- 400g Hokkien noodles
- a few extra spring onion slices
sesame beef bean capsicum stir-fry method
Cut all the vegetables about the same size so they cook evenly.
In a bowl or plastic bag add the cornflour, sesame seeds and salt. Toss in the beef strips and stir to coat in the corn flour and sesame seed mix. Heat a large wok of frying pan on a very high heat with the oil. Fry the beef in batches until crisp and browned. Remove from the wok and drain on absorbent kitchen paper. Clean any remaining crumbs from the wok but leave as much oil as possible. Working fast, add the garlic and ginger, stir rapidly for a few seconds (do not allow to burn) then the capsicums beans and broccoli stems, as soon as the beans turn bright green. Add the broccoli, noodles, spring onions, sauces and sambal oelek if your using it. Stir rapidly until the noodles separate and everything is hot.
Dived into serving bowls topped with the crispy beef strips and a few spring onion slices.
Serves 4-5. Preparation time 20 minutes. Cooking time 15 minutes.