Making lunch for one or many can challenging, but it seems everyone loves a baguette. Our ultimate ham baguette will satisfy the biggest appetite!
the ultimate ham baguette
- 1 large sourdough baguette
- 6 – 8 thick slices of deli ham
- 2 cups of mixed salad leaves.
- 2 cups of very thinly sliced red cabbage
- 1 large granny smith apple cored and thinly sliced.
- squeeze of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon good quality mayonnaise
- 2 heaped teaspoons of seeded French mustard.
- 1 tablespoon softened butter
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Cut the baguette in half lengthwise and butter both sides. In a medium bowl mix the red cabbage, green apple, lemon juice, mayonnaise and mustard and season to taste. Spread the slaw on the bottom of the baguette and then top with ham and finish with salad leaves. Serve immediately. Serve 4 or 2 very hungry people.