Our beef and chilli stir fry is really tasty and so easy to make. It’s loaded with vegetables and has just the right amount of chilli to kick up the flavour.
beef and chilli stir fry
- 500g Ritchies beef stir fry strips
- 1 x 440g pkt Hokkien noodles
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 thumb sized piece of ginger, finely grated
- 2 long red chilies, finely sliced
- 1 red capsicum, sliced into long strips, 1cm wide
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped spring onions
Pour boiling water over the noodles, soak for 2 minutes then drain well. Heat both the sunflower oil and the sesame oil in a wok over a very high heat. Once the oil is hot add the beef strips and toss around the pan until they brown on both sides. Add the chilli, garlic and ginger and stir through, keeping everything constantly moving so that the garlic does not burn. Add the red capsicum then the soy sauce and sweet chilli sauce and stir through until all ingredients are well coated then add the snow peas and pre-soaked noodles. Continue to stir over the high heat for another 2 minutes.
Divide into serving bowls and pile bean shoots on top then scatter sliced spring onions over. Serves 2.