Everyone will love our beef meatball and roast vegetable wraps, and what’s more, your guests can make them up themselves – that’s less fuss for you! Food for the masses.
beef meatball and roast vegetable wraps
- 500g Ritchies premium beef mince
- 2 tablespoons white bread crumbs
- 2 medium garlic cloves, finely chopped or crushed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons of fresh thyme leaves, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon each of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded cut in 8 pieces
- 1 small eggplant, cut in 1cm slices
- 1 zucchini, cut in 1cm slices
- 1 medium red onion, cut in 1cm slices
- olive oil for frying
- 1 tub hummus
- 2 handfuls of washed salad leaves
- 4 pita or flat bread
Preheat oven 200°C. Place the vegetables on a baking tray lined with baking paper and brush lightly with olive oil. Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes until tender and just starting to brown. Place the mince in a bowl with the breadcrumbs, egg, herbs, chilli, garlic and salt & pepper. Using your clean hands, mix really well until all the ingredients are thouroghly combined and the mixture is slightly sticky. Form into small meat balls about 3-4 cm across. Pour a little olive oil into a heavy bottomed frying pan, fry the meatballs on a medium heat for around 5 minutes turning regularly until browned and cooked through. Just before serving, warm the flat breads through to soften them. Spread each one with a tablespoon of hummus, and then layer up the roasted vegetables, and meatballs and finish with a few salad leaves. Wrap and serve immediately. Serves 4.
Tip: This dish is perfect the cook outside. Just cook the vegetables and the meatballs on your BBQ.