This Mexican inspired chicken corn chilli bake has tender chicken and spicy vegetables together in one easy bake. So while it’s cooking you can do something a little more ‘social’. Margaritas anyone?
chicken corn chilli bake
- 8 Ritchies chicken thighs fillets
- 1 large red onion, peeled and cut in slices
- 4 large garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded and sliced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh oregano, roughly chopped, or 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 jalapeño chilli, deseeded and sliced
- 1 400g can black beans, drained
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 corn cob, peeled, kernels cut off
- 1 400g can crushed tomatoes
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup picked coriander leaves
- sour cream
- warm soft tortillas or flat breads
chicken corn chilli bake method
Preheat oven to 200°C
In a shallow baking tray, drizzle the base with olive oil. Lay the down the red onion and garlic slices in a single layer and top with the red capsicum slices then the 8 chicken thigh fillets.
Spread flat, drizzle with more olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and half the oregano. Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes.
Remove from the oven. Take the chicken from the top of the dish, pour in the crushed tomatoes, remaining oregano, cumin, 1 teaspoon salt drained tomatoes, half the corn kernels, drained black beans and sliced jalapeño. Top with the half cooked chicken and the remaining corn kernels. Bake for another 20 Minutes until the chicken is cooked through and lightly golden and the vegetables in the sauce are soft.
Serve with dollops of sour cream, warmed flat bread and fresh coriander and maybe a squeeze of lime.
Serves 4-6. Preparation time 15 minutes Cooking time 45 minutes.