We all love nachos, so check out our chilli con carne nacho pie! Make sure you use our premium beef mince which is an essential ingredient in this pie. It’ll look fantastic on the table and will feed a hungry family. Perfect for a weekend dinner.
chilli con carne nacho pie
- 1kg Ritchies premium beef mince
- 2 medium onions peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 medium garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 small red capsicum deseeded and diced
- 700ml tomato passata
- 1 cup of low salt beef stock
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon smoked sweet paprika
- 2 fresh jalapeño chillies deseeded and finely chopped or 2 teaspoons chilli flakes
- 1 x 420g can red kidney beans drained
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 100g plain corn chips
- ½ cup grated tasty cheese
- chopped fresh coriander leaves (optional)
- sour cream
In large sauté or frying pan on a medium low heat, add the olive oil and diced onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 4-5 minutes until soft and just starting to change colour. Add the garlic, chilli and spices and cook for another minute. Turn the heat up to medium high, add the beef mince, stirring rapidly for about 8-10 minutes or until the mince turns colour (all the spices onion and garlic will combine with the mince as you do this) Pour in the tomato passata, stock and add the capsicums. Bring to the boil then turn the heat down to a low simmer and cook for about 45 minutes, stirring every 10 to 15 minutes until the sauce is reduced, thick and shiny. Stir in the red kidney beans and cook for another 10 minutes to heat them right through. Check the seasoning and add salt and pepper to taste.
Transfer the chilli to a large warmed ovenproof dish. Top the chilli with plain corn chips and the cheese. Place the dish in a microwave on high for 2 minutes or under a overhead grill on medium until the cheese has melted.
Serve immediately scattered with coriander leaves, sour cream and a green salad.
Serves 4 to 6. Preparation time 15 minutes. Cooking time 1 hour and 10 minutes