This super healthy chicken recipe has it all, high protein, low in carbohydrates, masses of antioxidants, and best of all, it tastes pretty good too!
lean chicken and quinoa super food salad
- 2 fresh chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
for the salad
- 4 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 2 cups finely sliced washed kale
- ½ cup roasted almonds, chopped
- 1 small red capsicum, finely diced
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 2 spring onions , finely sliced
- lemon & orange zest to garnish
for the dressing
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- juice of one lemon
- 1 small garlic clove crushed
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Pre heat oven 170°C
Place the chicken breasts onto a baking tray lined with baking paper. Drizzle with oil and season with salt & pepper. Place the baking tray into the preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on the tray. In a large bowl mix the dressing and season to taste mix well. Add the salad ingredients and toss together. Slice the chicken breast into medallions. Arrange the salad on a large platter, lay the sliced chicken over the salad and garnish with citrus zest. Serves 4.
Tips: For a delicious and healthy alternative add blanched broccoli florets to the salad. If your watching your sodium intake use tamari instead of salt in the salad dressing.