This one’s for Jarrod, our friend who loves meat! Definitely one for the carnivores to enjoy, this meat lover’s chilli pizza is easy to make and very tasty.
meat lover’s chilli pizza
- 4 medium sized pizza bases
- 500g Ritchies Beef stir fry strips
- 500g Ritchies Chicken stir fry strips
- 2 chorizo sausages, cut in 1cm slices
- 2 rashers rindless middle bacon, cut in 2cm slices
- 2 cups mozzarella, grated
- 1 cup tasty cheese, grated
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Mexican tomato and chilli salsa (as hot or mild as you like)
- 4 bullet chillies, thinly sliced (optional)
- extra virgin olive oil
- smoky BBQ sauce
Preheat the oven to 200oC
Line 2 large oven trays with baking paper. Using a little olive oil in a large frying pan, cook the chicken until it’s just cooked through and remove from the heat. Then cook the beef, slightly pink, and chorizo. Drain all meat on absorbent paper once it’s cooked. Place the pizza bases on the oven trays and drizzle with a little olive oil. Divide the salsa between the 4 bases and spread evenly over the top of each one. Scatter a mix of both cheeses over each base (keep ½ a cup of mozzarella in reserve). Add the chicken, beef, chorizo and lastly the uncooked bacon. Finish each pizza with red onion rings, chilli slices (if your using it) and the last of the cheese. Bake for about 12 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the pizza topping has turned golden. Serve very hot straight from the oven drizzled with BBQ sauce and maybe a mixed salad (or maybe not). Makes 4.
Did you know? According to Australian Graphic the world’s hottest chillies have been grown by Australians. Click here to find out what makes the top 10 list.