A tangy fresh green herb sauce with firm sweet pork medallion with salsa verde. Perfect for weekend entertaining or an anytime family meal. Great for the barbecue too.
pork medallion with salsa verde
- 4 x 4 cm thick cut, pork medallions
- olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
for the salsa verde
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- ¼ cup capers
- ¼ cup gherkins
- 1 bunch flat leaved parsley roughly chopped
- ½ bunch basil roughly chopped
- ½ bunch mint roughly chopped
- 2 anchovy fillets (optional)
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons French mustard
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt flakes
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4 lemon wedges to garnish
First make the salsa verde. Chop all the ingredients finely and combine with the oil and vinegar or place all ingredients into the work bowl of a food processor and process until well combined. Refrigerate until required.
Rub a little olive oil over each pork medallion and season with salt & pepper. Heat a frying pan, BBQ or griddle pan over a medium high heat. Cook each medallion for about 4 minutes on one side, turn cook for a further 2 minutes or until cooked through. Then rest the pork medallions before serving. To serve place a generous amount of salsa verde onto each plate, slice the pork medallion into three or four slices and place on top of the salsa verde. Garnish with a wedge of lemon and serve with your choice of vegetables. Serves 4.
Tips: Salsa verde maybe stored in a lidded jar in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Pork medallions can be replaced with pork cutlets or pork scotch fillet steaks