Try our smoky chicken Caesar salad for your next barbecue or soiree. The smoky chicken in this Caesar Salad add a twist to the classic summer pub salad. Give it a go it’s delicious.
smoky chicken Caesar salad
- 8 Ritchies chicken tenderloins
- 1 teaspoon smoked sweet paprika (Spanish if possible)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 mini cos lettuce, washed and broken into leaves
- 8 rashers rindless streaky bacon
- a splash of white vinegar
- 4 very fresh large freerange eggs
- 1/2 cup shaved Parmesan
for the croutons
- 1 large slightly stale sour dough roll or small bread stick cut in slices
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
for the dressing
- 3 heaped tablespoons good quality mayonnaise
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 55g can anchovies in extra virgin olive oil (optional)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
smoky chicken Caesar salad method
Preheat a griddle or BBQ hot plate to medium high.
First make the croutons, brush the sliced bread on both sides with olive oil and toast on the preheated griddle turning till they turn crisp on both sides. Set aside and keep warm.
Place the chicken tenderloins in a medium bowl and toss with 1 tablespoon of olive oil smoked paprika and a generous amount of salt and pepper. Cook the chicken on the hot griddle, turning once for about 2-3 minutes on each side or until its cooked through. Rest covered in foil in a warm place. Using the same pan cook the bacon for long enough to be crisp. Drain on kitchen paper.
In a shallow pan bring about 5cm of water to a slow simmer add a splash of white vinegar and pinch of salt. One at a time break each egg into a shallow bowl and gently slide them into the simmering water. Cook until the white is set, but the yolks are still runny. In a medium bowl, mash about 5 of the anchovies with a fork (if your using them) stir in the mayonnaise, oil from the anchovies, juice and zest of the lemon. Add the 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season to taste (add salt if you don’t use the anchovies)
On a large dish arrange the washed lettuce leaves, top with the warm cooked chicken, bacon and poached eggs. Drizzle with dressing and top with the croutons and the remaining anchovies. Serve immediately.
Serves 4. Preparation time: 20 minutes. Cooking time: 30 minutes.