Tasty, fast and affordable. These smoky paprika chicken skewers are perfect to serve as nibbles for your next BBQ or as a easy family meal. Bring a little Spanish tapas into your life, Ole!
smoky paprika chicken skewers
- 8 Ritchies chicken thigh filets, skin off
for the marinade
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of fennel seeds, crushed
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons sweet smoked paprika
- 2 medium garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly cracked black pepper
for the smoky aioli
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 medium garlic clove, crushed
- 2 teaspoons sweet smoked paprika (plus a little to garnish)
- lemon juice to taste
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
you will also need
- 20 small skewers, soak wooden ones before using
smoky paprika chicken skewers method
Place all the marinade ingredients in a bowl. Mix well. Cut the chicken in 3cm cubes, place in the bowl with the marinade. Mix well and cover with cling film, refrigerate for at least half an hour or over night.
Before you cook the chicken make the aioli by mixing the ingredients and adding lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.
Preheat a barbecue or griddle pan to medium hot.
Thread 3-4 pieces of chicken on each skewer.
Grill the chicken for 3-4 minutes turning several times until browned and cooked through. Serve with smoky aioli, flat bread and salad.
Makes about 20 small skewers. Serves 4. Preparation time: 20 minutes. Cooking time: 5-7 minutes.